The Kunming Primate Research Centre, established in 2005, is a non-corporatesubunit of the Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The Centre meets international standards and norms for the management of laboratory animals. The facility can accommodate 500 primates, and it has the capacity to simultaneously perform 12 types of pharmacological experiments. In Oct 2008, the indoor animal feeding facilities and animal quality inspection laboratory of the centre was the first research institute in both the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Yunnan province to gain AAALAC certification.
Responsible for the operation and management of the Kunming Primate Research Centre
The Director must also pursue related scientific research.
PI research should focus on (1) the mechanisms of major human diseases and (2) pharmacological safety evaluations for preclinical medicine, using the Centre’s model organisms.
1. Doctoral degree in Biology or relevant topic, and no more than 45 years of age.
2. At least four years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
3. Demonstration of research output of international significance, including publications in high-ranking journals. Demonstration of strategic thinking, research team leadership, and mastery of key technologies.
4. Applicants from within China should hold a senior professional title and be able to demonstrate previous leadership of at least one independent project.
5. Holders of invention patents are given preference.
6. Integrity, dedication, creativity, and team spirit.
The applicant is required to submit the following materials:
1. A cover letter and a CV (with a recent personal photo);
2. List of published manuscripts and patents; please indicate the corresponding author, the chief writer and/or the primary inventor;
3. Copies of 3-5 representative papers, dissertation, and patent certificates if applicable;
4. Copies of certificates of academic degree, professional qualifications, and honors;
5. Proof of present occupation and 2 letters of recommendation;
Salary and Benefits
1. Applicants should qualify for and apply for China’s “talents programs” (e.g., “The Hundred Talents Program” of the Chinese Academy of Sciences; “The Thousand Talents Program” of China; “High-end Science and Technology Talents Program” of Yunnan province; and the “Yunnan Oversea High-level Talents Program”. If successful, the incumbent will enjoy many very significant research, stipend, and salary benefits.
2. The Centre will apply the KIZ-standard staff-recruitment package. The annual base salary is no less than 220,000 RMB. Qualified applicants receive a housing subsidy ranging between 400,000 to 1,800,000 RMB.
Linkmen: Ms. Bai Yu, Ms.Deng Ziyun
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com